New York Botanical Gardens
A Refreshing Departure from the Usual Hotels near the New York Botanical Garden
Located just 12 miles from the Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers hotel, the New York Botanical Garden is one of New York City’s most cherished treasures and also renowned as the world’s leading botany center. Built around the spectacular Bronx River gorge, this 250-acre garden features meticulously cultivated indoor and outdoor gardens and lush natural forests, as well as classes, exhibits, concerts and special educational programs.
Be seduced by the enchanting fragrances produced by the more than 2,700 plants in the Peggy Rockefeller Rose Garden, marvel at intricate orchids, relax in the quiet of the forest or the calm of the Conservatory; or explore the Everett Children's Adventure Garden – a 12-acre, indoor-outdoor playground with a boulder maze, giant animal topiaries and a plant discovery center.
The New York Botanical Garden's roses bloom in June and September, but the rest of the year offers plenty to see. The Victorian-style Enid A. Haupt Conservatory houses recreations of misty tropical rainforests and arid African and North American deserts as well as exhibitions like the annual Holiday Train Show and the Orchid Show.
For the convenience of hotel guests visiting the New York Botanical Garden, the staff at the Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers has compiled a helpful guide:
New York Botanical Garden Address & Contact Information:
New York Botanical Garden
2900 Southern Boulevard
Bronx, NY 10458-5126
General Info: 718.817.8700
Adult Education: 800.322.NYBG
Facility Rental: 718.817.8687
Group Tours: 718.817.8687
Patrons Program: 718.817.8553
Plant Information: 718.817.8681
Press Inquiries: 718.817.8616
Shop in the Garden: 718.817.8073
Tuesday - Sunday: 10 A.M. - 6 P.M.
Closed most Mondays, Thanksgiving & Christmas Day.
Please confirm hours on the day of your visit by calling 718.817.8700.
Directions to the New York Botanical Garden:
Approximate Time: 1 hour, 11 minutes
Take the GRAND CENTRAL TERMINAL STATION bound Metro-North Train.
Arrive at HARLEM-125TH ST STATION. Transfer to the NORTH WHITE PLAINS STATION bound Metro-North Train and get off at BOTANICAL GARDEN STATION.
The Botanical Garden is a two-minute walk southeast from the station.
Total Fare: $12.75 - Reduced Fare: $8.25
Approximate Distance & Time: 9 miles (18 minutes)
- Head southwest on Corporate Blvd. toward Enterprise Blvd.
- Turn right onto Enterprise Blvd.
- Turn right onto Executive Blvd.
- Turn right onto Saw Mill River Parkway South.
- Take exit 4 toward Cross Country Pkwy/Hutchinson Pkwy/Whitestone Bridge
- Merge onto Cross County Pkwy.
- Take exit 4 S-5-6-7 for Kimball Ave/W Broad St.
- Take exit 5 on the left for Kimball Avenue/Midland Avenue.
- Take exit 6 for Bronx River Pkwy. toward Sprain Brook Pkwy.
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Bronx Pkwy. S and merge onto Bronx River Pkwy.
- Take exit 7W to merge onto U.S. 1 S/E Fordham Rd.
- Take the Dr Theodore Kazimiroff Blvd/Southern Blvd exit toward Fordham University/New York Botanical Garden.
- Slight right onto Dr Theodore Kazimiroff Blvd/Southern Blvd.
- Destination will be on the right.
Private Events at NYBG
The New York Botanical Garden offers a variety of unique and stunning event locations. Within this grand 250-acre setting, you will find a sampling of some of the world's most beautiful natural terrain, including a cascading waterfall, 50 acres of forest, rolling hills, wetlands, and plant collections that include indoor rain forests and deserts. The New York Botanical Garden is one of New York City's premier destinations, whether you are looking to hold a corporate event in one of our gorgeous gardens or need the perfect location to hold a photo or film shoot.
To learn more about hosting your special event at NYBG, please visit the NYBG Facility Rental page